The 10 Best Electric Scooter of 2017
Electric scooters are a cool way to get around town. Not only are they cool but they can actually be a practical means of transportation. There’s only one problem… there are so many on the market it’s hard to choose one. We spent the last 12 months testing electric scooter and have narrowed it down to the 10 best electric scooter of the year. In this electric scooter buyers guide we are going to tell you what you should know before you buy an E-scooter.
10 Best Electric Scooter Reviews
The Best Electric Scooter
Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter
The Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon) is our overall pick for best electric scooter. It’s got a sleek design, electronic antilock maintenance free brake located in the rear hub motor, and can carry a fully grown adult 15 miles at 15 miles per hour.
- 15 miles per hour
- 15 mile range
- 36V Lithium-Ion battery
- Clean, quiet, lithium-ion battery-powered motor, can travel 500 miles on $1 of electricity
- Lightweight and practical, folds in an instant into a suitcase-style dolly
- An ideal commuting tool for public transportation or distant parking
- Easy and fun to ride, park and store
The Best Electric Scooter For Kids
Razor E100 Electric Scooter
The Razor E100 Electric Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon)is the best electric scooter for kids because it is made to adjust. It’s handle bars can be adjusted over time to accommodate growth spurts so they can take their scooter with them. The Razor E100 electric scooter can go up to 10 miles per hour, and can last up to 40 minutes on a single charge. This scooter has a maximum weight capacity of 120 pounds and is recommended for ages 8 and up.
- Sleek electric scooter with chain-driven, high-torque motor and twist-grip throttle
- Requires a small manual kickoff to 3 mph before trigger engages motor
- Adjustable handlebar adapts to riders of all sizes; hand-operated front brake
- Motor cruises at speeds of up to 10 mph; up to 40 minutes of use per charge
- Recommended for ages 8 and older (120 pounds max weight); 90-day warranty
The Best Electric Scooter For Teens
Razor E325 Electric Scooter
The Razor E325 Electric Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon) is one of our favorite electric scooters because of how quiet it is. This electric scooter comes with an extra-large deck frame making this the best electric scooter for teens or older kids. One thing we liked about this e-scooter is how smooth it rides. The Razor E325 goes up to 15 miles per hour and can ride up to 45 minutes on a single charge.
- Electric scooter with extra-large deck frame for older kid/teen riders
- Extra-wide, smooth-rolling 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Ultra-quiet chain-drive motor reaches speeds of up to 15 miles per hour
- Variable speed acceleration; twist-grip throttle
- Twist-grip throttle offers variable speed acceleration
Best Electric Scooter under $200
Razor E200 Electric Scooter
When we were looking for an e-scooter on a budget, out of all the testing we did we found the Razor E200 Electric Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon)to be the best electric scooter under $200. It has a ton of positive ratings on Amazon, and is a great quality product. This scooter can get up to 12 miles per hour and ride for 40 minutes on a single charge.
- Boasting a high-torque, ultra-quiet chain-driven motor, and a handy twist-grip throttle
- High-performance motor with speeds up to 12mph
- Powered by a long lasting rechargeable 24V Seal battery system
- Features a hand operated rear brake, spring loaded kickstand, and large 8-inch pneumatic tires for a smooth ride
- Scooter includes with a UL Approved battery charger, and all the tools needed for its light assembly
- Initial charge time: 12 hours. Charge the battery prior to use.
- Recharge time: Up to 12 hours, even if the light turns green. Recommended maximum charging time is 24 hours.
- Run time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time. Run time may vary depending on riding conditions, climate and/or proper maintenance.
Best Electric Scooter Under $100
When the budget is super tight and you need the best electric scooter under $100 I suggest the Pulse Performance Products GRT-11 Electric Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon). This scooter may not have a lot of frills but it is the most economic solution on the market. While the GRT-11 only goes 8 miles per hour it’s still a great option for anyone strapped for cash. This electric scooter can get about 50 minutes riding time on a single charge.
- 2-wheeled electric scooter with 80-watt chain driven motor and speeds up to 8 mph
- Ultra heavy-duty stem, rise bars, and steel frame provide extra protection and durability
- Thumb actuated throttle with easy to use Push-To-Go technology and rear foot brake for safety
- 12-volt rechargeable battery system for a continuous ride time of up to 50 minutes
- Designed for riders 8 years and older, weighing up to 120 lbs.
Best Electric Scooter For Adults
OjO Commuter Scooter
The OjO commuter Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon) is a little different than the other electric scooters that we have reviewed. The OjO Commuter Scooter is hands down the best electric scooter for adults. For good reason too. This electric scooter boast a top speed of 20 miles per hour which makes it practical for a real life transportation solution for real adults. This device does not require any licensing or special insurance and can get you where you need to go fast. As an adult, I could see using this scooter to get around short distances or on a lunch break. Not to mention this thing is just downright fun to ride. This electric scooter can carry a fully grown adult up to 300 pounds with no problem.
• Patented design
• 25-mile range on full charge
• Fully welded aluminum chassis
• Lightweight – only 65lbs
• Fits in the back of a Prius
• Plugs in to any 110v outlet
• Top speed of 20 mph
• 300lb weight capacity
• Bike lane approved
Fastest Electric Scooter
Black Super Turbo 1000watt Elite 36v Electric Scooter
The Black Super Turbo 1000watt Elite 36v Electric Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon) was the fastest electric scooter we tested. How Fast? 26 miles per hour. This thing can really keep up. Its 36V motor gets this e-scooter up to 18 miles per charge. We were really impressed with how stable this electric scooter was when traveling at these speeds. Everything felt super secure and safe.
- True 1000watt 36v motor that spins at 3000rpms producing speeds up to 26mph.
- Powerful 36v battery pack producing ride distances of up to 18miles per charge.
Best Quality Electric Scooter
UBERSCOOT 1600 48volt Electric Scooter
After testing a variety of electric scooters we found the UBERSCOOT 1600 48volt electric scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon)to be the best quality electric scooter. The motor on the UBERSCOOT is impressive it shells out 1600 watts of power. This scooter can go pretty fast, we were able to get it up to around 20 miles per hour. The extra power in the motor really makes this thing fast as hell. You can get about 12 miles on a single charge.
- Motor: 1600 Watt (Brushless), Batteries: Four 12V/12AH (48-volt system)
- Economy Mode Button – Conserve Battery Life
- Foldable design with Posi lock
- Battery Life: 250 cycles, Max Range: 12 miles per charge (weight dependant)
- Included seat with quick release, Front and Rear Lights
Best Electric Scooter For Daily Commuting
The TaoTao ATE-501 (Click here to check price on Amazon) is the best electric scooter for daily commuting. This is because it practical, easy to ride, and has storage space. The ATE-501 has a motorcycle style design which is better for everyday transportation. The TaoTao goes up to 20 miles per hour. It utilizes twist throttle acceleration and can support a maximum weight capacity of up to 220 pounds.
- 20 MPH
- 220 Max Weight Capacity
- 500 Watt motor
- Electric Ignition with key
- Disc Brakes
Best Off-Road Electric Scooter
Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter
Hate sticking to the asphalt? As avid motorsport fanatics we longed to find an off-road alternative. Eventually, we tested out the Razor RX200 Electric Off-Road Scooter (Click here to check price on Amazon). It safe to say the RX200 is the best off-road electric scooter on the market. It was built to take on a multitude of terrain. It has tires made specifically for riding through mud dirt and gravel and can stand up to rough ground. The RX200 gets up to 12 miles per hour and get 40 minutes of ride time off a single charge.
- With the trailblazing new RX200, the ride begins where the pavement ends
- New off-road version of the classic E200 Electric Scooter that we all know and love
- Rip up the trails at speeds up to 12 mph (19 kmh)
- Features off-road tires, disc brake and a new gear ratio for high-torque trail riding, making it off-road ready right out of the gate
- Recommended for ages 13 and older and will support a rider up to 154 pounds
How To Ride an Electric Scooter
What is An Electric Scooter?
An electric scooter is a motorized mode of transportation that is powered by an electric motor.
How To Choose The Best Electric Scooter
- Decide what age and size the primary user will be. Some electric scooters are mainly for children and some are for adults. If adults will be riding make sure to pick one that is properly sized to do so.
- Check the weight limit. You want to make sure that the weight limit of the electric scooter that you choose will support the weight of the heaviest rider.
- Check the maximum speed. If a small child is going to be a the primary rider.
- Check out battery performance. Battery performance is how far your scooter will be able to travel on a single charge. You need to think about how far you will be using this to travel.
- Consider your primary reason for purchase. Will the scooter be for recreational purposes or as a serious form of transportation?
BENEFITS OF AN ELECTRIC SCOOTER
If you love the thrill of alternate transportation and want to help reduce your carbon footprint then you know electric scooters are a great way to get around. Here are a few benefits of an electric scooter.
- Easy to ride – Even if you’re a novice it doesn’t take long to learn how to ride an electric scooter. Controlling them feels natural. If you can drive a car you can operate an electric scooter.
- Light in weight – These things don’t weigh much and this is good for a variety of reasons. The number one of which being that if your battery ever dies when your half way home, it won’t be a huge deal to roll it home. The light weight also makes your scooter much easier to maneuver.
- Economical – E-Scooters are cheap to own. There isn’t much maintenance involved, and there is no fuel cost.
- Eco-Friendly – Electric transportation is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Because these scooters run on batteries, there is no gas emitted which help us to preserve our atmosphere.
- Compact – Most electric scooters fold and are made to save space. This makes it a great option for someone needing transportation with minimal storage space.
- No License Requirement – This means that if you have a DUI or any other driving restriction, you can still get around as you please. Electric scooters can be a legitimate way to travel.
- Safe – E-scooters are extremely safe providing you make sure to get one of the best helmets, and other safety gear as well as abide by all local laws.
- No Age Limit – Anyone can ride an electric scooter although certain age groups do have designated sizes made specifically for that group.
Picking the best electric scooter for you is all really a matter of preference. Know what your primary goal is, and pick a scooter that matches that criteria. If you would like to learn about other motorsports check out the best electric skateboards and best self-balance boards here. If you found these electric scooter reviews helpful please take a moment to hit the share button.